Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

About Holidays

Holiday Cheer…
In a year, there are a lot of holidays that are celebrated around the world. These holidays include; Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. People worldwide celebrate some of these holidays in their own way, and always have a good time too. I like to spend a majority of the holidays throughout the year with my family or friends, because it tends to be more fun if you spend it with family or friends.
My favourite holiday out of all of the holidays in a year is Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a day where everyone across the United States gives thanks to what they are grateful for most in their lives. It is also a day where you get to enjoy a lot of delicious food, and for others a day to enjoy an awesome football game. For me, Thanksgiving, or Turkey day as I call it, is a day where I like to tell my family how grateful I am for everything they have done for me and others. Thanksgiving from last year was probably one of the best I have ever had. It included a lot of happiness, laughter, family, and of course food.
It all started on the day before Thanksgiving, my family from around Tonga were coming to my house to spend the holiday with my family. I must have opened the door a million times, because each time I closed it I would have to open it a few seconds later. However, each time I opened the door, it would be a new face every time. I saw uncles and aunts I haven’t seen in a very long time. I also saw my cousins and my grandparents. I thought that we wouldn't have enough room for everyone but luckily we actually did. During the day, my uncles, cousins, brothers, dad, and I all went to the park to have a huge game of football, old guys versus the young kids. It was actually a pretty fun game, except for the fact that my team lost because we let one final play from the old guys to get through. But no one cared because we all had an awesome time tackling and laughing throughout the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment